Chris and Jamie Bailey are professional Christian counselors and marriage coaches who are passionate about helping couples live their best lives together. They each hold a Masters degree in Professional Counseling from Liberty University. Chris and Jamie have been married for over twenty-six years and, together, raised three daughters. They run a private practice in South Carolina as well as Expedition Marriage, an online marriage ministry. Through speaking, writing, and hosting marriage retreats, they hope to share the truth of God's word, along with practical tools for Christian couples everywhere to live an abundant life through Jesus.
It is Chris and Jamie's desire for your marriage to be able to reflect the love, grace, forgiveness, and vitality that it was made to have. They have made it their life's passion to bring healing and sustaining joy back into hurting and hopeless marriages.
Having been married for over 26 years, they most certainly understand trials, hardships and hard work. They know what it's like to overcome painful histories, to have knock down, drag out fights, and to feel unheard and misunderstood. Chris and Jamie also know the isolated feeling of disconnection and the longing to be unconditionally loved.
By the grace of God, along with their willingness to follow Him, they have known the healing, the abundant joy, the deep connection, unconditional love, and everything else that marriage is meant to be. More than anything, they want you to know that too!
Newlywed Couple's Devotional
* For Newlyweds and Newlywed "Wanna-be's"
52 Weekly Devotionals that explore common issues and themes every couple experiences, such as intimacy, love, commitment, household duties, finances, and more
Everyday Scripture and Reflective Bible Studies that provide practical solutions to bringing marriages closer to God
Action-Oriented Discussion Prompts that hold couples accountable for maintaining their God-anchored vows
Weekly Prayers that are specific and relevant to the topics discussed
Suggested Interview Questions
1. Tell us about your new book, The Newlywed Couple’s Devotional, and your hearts behind it.
2. Is your book just for newlywed couples or could other couples benefit from it too?
3. The book is broken down into 52 weekly devotions that have scripture, stories of other couples, connecting questions, and prayer. Tell us about that format and why you chose it?
4. You talk about having a God centered marriage in your book. For the couples who may not understand that concept, what does that actually mean?
5. Back in your own newlywed days, how do you think your book would have helped you in your marriage?
6. What would you suggest for the spouse whose partner is not on board with doing a devotion or growing in their marriage? Could they read this on their own?
7. What is the one thing you would want for the couples who read your book?
8. For the couples who read your book, what kind of results will they see?